Saturday, March 19, 2011

Beginning Blogging


I have been blogging for a month now (so young in the grand scheme of blogging). Here are the things I have learned.



1. Have a post plan. I started out with a layout of what types of topics I wanted to post about each day, giving me a structure and a basis to start with.


2. Talk with other bloggers. They have been doing it awhile and they have advice on what is good and what is bad.


3. Building on that subject, the blogging community is (for the most part) a kind and gentle place. Comment on their posts and they will return the favors.




4. Blog as if you are talking to an audience. Aim your posts at your intended audience and you will eventually gain followers of your target audience.




5. However, blog for you not for anyone else. If you do it for you, you will be happy each time you blog. If you do it for others, it becomes a chore.



 

Well there you have it, my advice to new bloggers based on my experiences.

1 comment: