Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Books I Want to Read


1. Between a Rock and a Hard Place by: Aron Ralston
I saw the movie 127 Hours after it became nominated for a best picture Oscar (I always try to see all of the best picture nominees). Typically I read the book before I see the movie, but this one will have to be in reverse :)

2. The Heart of the Matter by: Emily Giffin
I became a fan of Emily Giffin after hearing about her on a radio talk show and I have read all her other books except the latest one.

3. Committed by: Elizabeth Gilbert
I enjoyed her first book, Eat, Pray, Love. I just haven't had time to read her second edition.

4. The Evolution of Bruno Littlemore by: Benjamin Hale
This book appeals to my scientific side. I did some primate research in my undergrad days and reading a book told from the perspective of a chimpanzee is very interesting to me.

5. The Book Thief by: Markus Zusak
I stumbled upon this book after hearing about the book in number 4. It is told from several different persepectives (including Death).

6. The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by: Amy Chua
This book became a subject of controversy after it was released. I became interested in it because of the difference in the way Asian children are raised compared to American children and how that affects their adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment