Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Wins 2011


4 Wins for King's Speech
1. Best Picture
2. Best Leading Role for an Actor - Colin Firth
3. Best Director - Tom Hooper
4. Best Original Screenplay - David Seidler

I haven't seen this movie yet, so I can't offer my opinion on how good/well deserved it is, but it is on my list of movies to see.


4 Wins for Inception
1. Best Sound Editing
2. Best Sound Mixing
3. Best Visual Effects
4. Best Cinematography

I saw this movie in the theater and then bought it on Blu-Ray. It is a great movie, really makes you think, but you have to watch it more than once. I feel it was well deserving of its Oscar wins


3 Wins for The Social Network
1. Best Adapted Screenplay - Aaron Sorkin
2. Best Film Editing
3. Best Original Score - Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

I really loved this movie. I joined facebook when I was a sophomore in college, right at its beginnings (dates me huh?) so this movie represented something that I could directly relate to. As you know from my previous post, after I saw this movie, I went and bought the book. Its a really interesting story that applies to my generation as something that revolutionized it.


2 Wins for The Fighter
1. Best Supporting Actor - Christian Bale
2. Best Supporting Actress - Melissa Leo

I haven't seen this movie yet either, but did you see Christian Bale's acceptance speech? So sweet how he choked up when thanking his wife!


2 Wins for Alice in Wonderland
1. Best Art Direction
2. Best Costume Design

I saw this movie because I love anything with Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. You cannot go wrong with that combination. I thought that it was well deserving of the Art Direction and Costume Design Oscars.


2 Wins for Toy Story 3
1. Best Original Song - "We Belong Together" by Randy Newman
2. Best Animated Feature

I saw this movie and loved it. Its been 15 years since the first 2 Toy Story movies were out and I loved those movies growing up, so this movie took me back to a simpler place.


1 Win for Black Swan
1. Best Actress in a Lead Role - Natalie Portman

I haven't seen this movie yet (I can't convince the bf to go see a movie about the ballet) but with all its hype, I expected it to take home more Oscars. I guess we will see how my opinion changes once I see it.


1 Win for Wolfman
1. Best MakeUp

This movie was not a good movie in my opinion, though the makeup had to be amazing to produce it. I am just a bit surprised that it took home and Oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment